Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd.22.03.19
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full time hourly position available located in CALGARY, Alberta
(JOB ID: 6201719)
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. is seeking experienced Rubber Tire Loader Operators to work within the Calgary area for the upcoming construction season. Under the direction of the Foreman, the job of the Rubber Tire Loader Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Loader. This position operates loaders equipment with front-mounted hydraulically powered bucket or scoop which is used to transport aggregate or other materials, feed hoppers or chutes, and/or stock pile aggregates in water and sewer installation projects.
The Rubber Tire Loader Operator will be accountable for duties such as, but not limited to, the following: Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment; perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the Loader. Understand and follow directions from the supervisor as required by the work area. Operate Loader controls to lower and tilt bucket and drive forward to force bucket into bulk material; move lever to raise ad tilt bucket when filled or to dump material. Operate Loader on public or private roadways, maintaining proper awareness of ones’ surroundings. Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
• Class 5 Driver’s License; with clean Driver’s Abstract
• Minimum 2 – 3 years within the road construction industry
• 1 – 2 years’ experience operating a Loader is required
• Knowledge of operation of Loader and other heavy equipment
• Knowledge of road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements
• Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance, computerized controls and electronics
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
• Physically capable to life and carry at least 25 lbs. repetitively on a regular basis.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd., quoting job title “R/T LOADER ” AND the job ID #:”6201719”
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.