Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company), is seeking the ideal candidate, located in Calgary, Alberta, for the position of:
Project Manager, Deep Underground Utilities
JOB ID: 1-620072012
Working as a part of a team, a Project Manager will provide overall support for the Construction Projects within the City of Calgary and surrounding areas. A Project Manager will be responsible for project supervision, establishing preliminary construction schedules, procurement of materials, coordinating subcontractors, reconciling quantities, preparing progress billings as well as the implementation of the Safety Management Guide and project safety plans. This role will also be accountable for completing quantity take-offs, preparing cost estimates, communicating with crews, and sub-trades to determine best work practices, as well as financial needs to complete the project.
The Ideal Candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications and Experience
- CET, Construction Project Management Degree, EIT, or Professional Engineer preferred; however, a combination of relevant education and heavy construction experience will be considered.
- Minimum 2 to 10 + years of relevant experience.
- Valid Class 5 Operators License; clean Driver’s Abstract.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or intent to pursue it is an asset.
- Competent at reading and interpreting plans and specifications.
- Experience with supervising a construction crew; experience in heavy civil construction is an asset.
- Project Management and Costing skills.
- Supervisory and strong communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Comprehensive mathematical skills.
- Hard Dollar, Heavy Bid/Job, Blue Beam, Microsoft D365 F&O and Viewpoint software skills is an asset.
Click for more details - Project Manager, Underground, Deep Utilities Position Profile
How to Apply:
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Canada, quoting Job ID # 1-620072012 - Project Manager, Underground
Online: see online application button below
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.