Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following seasonal hourly position available located in Calgary, Alberta
Paving Foreman, Roads
(JOB ID: 620581911)
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) is seeking a Paving Foreman for their Roads Division. The Paving Foreman is responsible for the supervision of their assigned crew and equipment, and to perform duties assigned according to contract specifications. The Foreman is also responsible to present a professional image and attitude in all dealings with the client, the public and fellow workers. This position is also responsible for ensuring all tasks are carried out in a safe and responsible manner.
- Supervise work at their assigned jobsite, including conducting daily field safety & environmental inspections as required, and maintain records and reporting.
- Ensure good employee relations are maintained and all training requirements are achieved. Ensure there is optimization of all resources through proper planning and co-ordination of work.
- Ensure all employees, with special emphasis on new hires, have had orientation training for the tasks they are required to perform and/or equipment they are expected to operate.
- Ensure all operations are conducted in a safe and responsible manner in conjunction with the Safety/Project Supervisor. Duties are to be carried out as per A.L.O.H. & S. Regulations and the Safety Management Guide.
- Provide response to emergency situations and ensure proper actions taken.
- To be aware of one's own condition and relative fitness for duty and ensure total readiness for work.
- To inspect and maintain the vehicle assigned to him/her to Company standards and promptly report any and all possible problems or defects.
- Other duties as may be defined from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum five years’ experience in Paving.
- High School education or extensive experience.
- Valid Class 5 AB driver’s license with a clean abstract.
- Thorough knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation Board Health and Safety Regulations.
Volker Stevin offers competitive wages and benefits - Medical, Dental, RRSP contributions and more. Volker Stevin is a great career choice!
Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
How to Apply:
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Canada, quoting the Job ID# 620581911
Website: see online application button below
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.