Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd.22.03.19
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full time hourly position available located in CALGARY, Alberta
(JOB ID: 6201419)
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. is seeking experienced Dozer/Crawler Operators to work within the Calgary area for the upcoming construction season. Reporting to the Foreman and the Equipment Trainer, the Dozer/Crawler Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Dozer. The Dozer/Crawler Operator push and level soil and controls the direction and angle of the equipment to move rocks and debris, as instructed.
The Dozer/Crawler Operator will be accountable for duties such as, but not limited to, the following: Operate the Dozer and other heavy equipment heavy equipment. Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment. perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the grader. Understand, interpret and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area. Operate Dozer controls to regulate height and angle of the dozer blade and lower ripper to loosen packed soil to permit grading Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance. Drive Dozer in successive passes over construction surface to raise or lower terrain to specified grade following markings on grade stakes or hand signals. Use the Dozer to level soil, move rock/ debris and soil, ensure the dozer is in proper gear and not moving too fast for working conditions. Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
• Class 5 Driver’s License; with a clean Driver Abstract
• Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience within the road construction industry
• 2 – 3 years’ experience operating a Dozer is required
• Knowledge of road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements
• Knowledge of Dozer and other heavy equipment
• Understanding of computerized controls and electronics
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
• Possible out of town and weekend work on an as required basis
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd., quoting job title “DOZER” AND the job ID #:”6201419”
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.