Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd.13.05.19
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full-time hourly position available located in CALGARY, Alberta
(JOB ID: 620091911)
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. is seeking an Asphalt Screed Operator to work within our Calgary area for the upcoming season and the foreseeable future. Reporting to the Foreman, the Asphalt Screed Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the free-floating screed, attached to the paver vehicle. The Asphalt Screed Operator controls the quantity and consistency of asphalt that is deposited; estimating overall quantity for the project, as well as the quantity needed to achieve the correct grade in the finished surface.
The Asphalt Screed Operator will be accountable for duties such as, but not limited to, the following: Operate the free-floating asphalt screed, perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment. Observe and control the distribution of asphalt mix, ensure proper depth application of the asphalt on the screed, using manual and automatic grade controls. Must setup, employ and disassemble automatic grade controls, adjust where and how thick asphalt is placed. Preheat the screed to hot mix asphalt temperature, to avoid sticking and tearing in the mat. Ability to coordinate, discuss and plan project paving procedures and goals with fellow paving crew personnel.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
• Class 5 Drivers License.
• Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience within the road construction industry
• 3 to 5 years’ experience operating a Screed is required.
• Knowledge road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
• Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
• Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
• Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
• Willing to work overtime, as required.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd., quoting job title “SCREED OPERATOR” AND the job ID #:”620091911”
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview