Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd.13.05.19
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full-time hourly position available located in CALGARY, Alberta
(JOB ID: 620081911)
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. is seeking an Asphalt Roller Operator to work within our Calgary area for the upcoming season and the foreseeable future. Reporting to the Foreman, the Asphalt Roller Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of Breakdown Rollers, Rubber Tire Rollers and Finish Rollers. The Asphalt Roller Operator distributes, breaks down, compresses and gives a finished surface to cooling asphalt. The first stage breaks down the asphalt mix with a breakdown roller. The second stage compresses it with a rubber tire roller, and the finish roller gives the final finish. Asphalt Roller Operators may also be required to operate Steel Drum and Pad Foot Rollers to compact and seal earth fills, sub grades, and flexible base.
The Asphalt Roller Operator will be accountable for duties such as, but not limited to, the following: Operate the roller and other heavy equipment. Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment. Operate self-propelled steel-wheeled, rubber-tired, vibrator, segmented, or other type of roller to compact earth, subgrade, sub-base and asphalt surfaces. Operate the Breakdown roller to massage hot mix asphalt into place. Using the Rubber Tire Roller, compress hot mix asphalt to desired compaction. Operate the Finish Roller in successive overlapping passes to apply final finish, and remove imperfections with a finish roller. Operate Pad Foot Roller, using vibrate when necessary, until ground surface is hard. Operate Smooth Drum Roller, to seal subgrade and base surfaces. Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
• Class 5 Drivers License; with clean Driver’s Abstract
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience within the road construction industry
• 2 to 3 years’ experience operating Breakdown Rollers, Rubber Tire Rollers and/or Finish Rollers
• is required.
• Knowledge road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
• Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
• Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
• Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
• Willing to work overtime, as required.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd., quoting job title “ROLLER OPERATOR” AND the job ID #:”620081911”
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview