Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd.13.05.19
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full-time hourly position available located in CALGARY, Alberta
(JOB ID: 620061911)
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. is seeking an Asphalt Rakerman to work within our Calgary area for the remaining season and the foreseeable future. Reporting to the Foreman, the Asphalt Rakerman redistributes the asphalt mix correctly as it leaves the screed and prepares it for rolling. As a member of the paving crew, the Asphalt Rakerman is responsible for raking asphalt, shoveling excess asphalt, sweeping up debris and a variety of labor related duties.
The Asphalt Rakerman will be accountable for duties such as, but not limited to, the following: aassess road condition and job requirements, using effective techniques to spread asphalt with a rake, shoveling excess asphalt and sweeping up debris, ensuring proper match points and limits of asphalt mix adjacent to concrete structures, manholes, water valves and other fixtures within the road surface, ability to blend and level any seams in the mat, reducing visible marks and seams in the asphalt surface with the use of an asphalt rake, measuring and creating parameters of the road surface for pavers, assist the screed operator with even distribution of asphalt materials over the road surface ,verify, estimate, and set the angle and depth of the asphalt screed as required, signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement of materials, shovel asphalt mix into areas inaccessible to paving machines, and compact mix using rakes and hand tampers, operate equipment, such as pneumatic hammers, vibrators, tampers, and skid steer when needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
• Class 5 Drivers License; with a clean Driver’s Abstract
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working on a paving crew
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in asphalt raking on a paving crew.
• Demonstrate a proficient understanding of asphalt and raking techniques.
• Knowledge of paving construction methods, asphalt and road construction materials, heavy equipment operation and industry requirements.
• Physically capable to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
• Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
• Willing to work overtime, as required.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd., quoting job title “RAKERMAN” AND the job ID #:”620061911”
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview