Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd.13.05.19
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full-time hourly position available located in CALGARY, Alberta
(JOB ID: 620071911)
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. is seeking an Asphalt Paver Operator to work within our Calgary area for the remaining season and the foreseeable future. Reporting to the Foreman, the Asphalt Paver Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the asphalt paver. This position operates paving machines to spread and level hot mix paving material on subgrade of highways and streets with the aid of stakes and level gauges to ensure mix is placed to the proper grade and thickness.
The Asphalt Paver Operator will be accountable for duties such as, but not limited to, the following: Operate the paver and other heavy equipment. Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment. Preheat paving screed before placement of asphalt and monitor and control temperature settings of the asphalt mixture. Manually light burners to start hearing units of the paver and regulate screed temperature. Operate the Paver controls to lower the screed auger, control the hopper, and navigate the direction of the paver. Observe distribution of paving materials along screed and control the direction of the screed and operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
• Class 5 Drivers License.
• Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience within the road construction industry
• 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Paving Operator is required.
• Knowledge road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
• Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
• Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
• Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
• Willing to work overtime, as required.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd., quoting job title “PAVER OPERATOR” AND the job ID #:”620071911”
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview