Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd.23.06.21
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full time hourly positions available located in Calgary, Alberta
(JOB ID: 1-621012111)
Reporting to the Asphalt Superintendent this position is responsible for the supervision of their assigned crew and equipment, and to perform duties assigned according to contract specifications. The Paving Foreman is a knowledgeable and experienced team player who is responsible for ensuring all tasks are carried out in a safe and responsible manner. It is required for this position to present a professional image and attitude in all dealings with clients, the public and fellow workers.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School education or extensive experience.
• Minimum five years’ experience in paving.
• 5+ years’ experience in running a crew.
• Valid Class 5 AB driver’s license with clean abstract.
• Thorough knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation Board Health and Safety Regulations.
• Basic Computer use with Microsoft Office knowledge (Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Basic Cellphone use and technical capabilities.
• In-depth experience with relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
• Competency to read and interpret plans and specifications.
• Experience with measuring and calculating quantities of required materials.
• Experience and aptitude of all paving equipment
• Knowledgeable of the City of Calgary and rural road/lane building specifications.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd., quoting Job ID: 1-621012111
ONLINE: see online application button below
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.